Experience all that our small scale certified organic herb farm has to offer at our Fresh Herb You-Picks. Wander through our many rows of herbs grown at the base of Mount Hood and harvest your own herbs to craft herbal magic at home. Build your home apothecary with herbs you've carefully harvested yourself!
HOW IT WORKS
Throughout the peak growing season in the Pacific Northwest (June-October), we host monthly you-picks at our farm in Gresham, OR. We welcome anyone interested in harvesting fresh herbs to our farm on select Sundays each month (dates below!) from 11:00AM-3:00PM.
We cultivate over 50 species of herbs at our farm, many of which are available for you-pick during their specific peak harvest times. As such, the list of available herbs changes for each you-pick date. If you are looking for specific herbs be sure to visit our AVAILABLE HERBS list below before you plan your visit. This way, you can ensure the herbs that you are looking for will be available.
When you visit our farm, be sure to bring your own harvesting supplies including bags, clippers, and closed-toed shoes. In exchange for picking your own herbs, you'll get 10% OFF our fresh herb pricing. It's as simple as that!
PAYMENT METHODS & PRICING
We are able to accept cash or credit at our You-Picks and all herb pricing is based on our pound pricing for fresh herbs. There are no weight minimums on You-Pick herb harvests, so you can feel free to dabble in smaller quantities of herbs you’re just starting to build a relationship with.
2021 YOU-PICK DATES
You-Picks are held on one Sunday a each month (June-October) from 11AM-3PM. The dates for the 2021 season are below:
- Sunday, June 13th
- Sunday, July 18th
- Sunday, August 15th
- Sunday, September 12th
- Sunday, October 17th
AVAILABLE HERBS- AUGUST 15, 11AM-3PM
*Limited Quantities of this Herb Available.
Getting to the Farm
Rise Up Remedies is located at Headwaters Incubator Farm in Gresham, OR. We lease a parcel of land from Headwaters Incubator Farm and share resources (like a propagation house, barn, and farm tools) with 17 other farms and all of their employees. While you visit our farm plot, these other farmers will be hard at work growing vegetables, fruits, and flowers for the greater Portland area.
As a visitor to our farm, we ask that you are mindful of our setting within a larger working farm community. Safety is our first priority and as such, we have a few community farm rules listed below. We kindly ask that you follow them.
COMMUNITY FARM RULES
- If you encounter a farm vehicle or tractor when you arrive or when you are leaving, please make room for them.
- Please observe the farm speed limit of 5mph.
- Check in with us when you arrive at the farm. We will have a stand set up to welcome you to the farm.
- Please come prepared with closed toed shoes.
- Our farm is a dog free zone. Please be prepared to leave your dog(s) in your vehicle if you must bring them with you.
- Additionally, please only park in designated parking areas and only visit our farm plot (see designated parking areas below).
- We are adhering to the current CDC Guidelines regarding COVID Safety. As we are outside during our You-Picks, masks are not required. We ask you to be aware of those around you and honor that different people may have different needs or require more space. If you need us to wear a mask at checkout (also located outside) we are happy to do so, just let us know.
- There is no public restroom located on the farm. Silk Espresso, across the street from the farm entrance, is a lovely place to stop for a coffee or kombucha and has a restroom available.
The farm address is: 28600 SE Orient Drive, Gresham, OR 97080. You can put Rise Up Remedies in Google maps or other mapping apps and you should find us easily.
When you enter the farm property, you will drive down a long gravel driveway. When the drive opens up there will be a red barn on the right. Our farm is the first plot on the left after you pass a small creek. It is directly across from the barn and the greenhouses.
You can find a map of designated parking locations below. Please ONLY park in these areas. If you are unable to find parking in one of these designated locations, please call 330-329-5636 and we will personally assist you.
After you park, please check in with Laura or Lizzy at the pop up booth so we can get you oriented and show you the available herbs.
What to Bring/Wear
- Reusable bags for your plants
- Clippers/scissors/harvesting tools
- Gloves (especially for harvesting Nettles!)
- Sturdy Shoes
- Face mask